Paul's Wall

Saturday, October 01, 2005

What Gandi observed in our church


"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
-Mahatma Gandhi


Jesus told his disciples, "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." (John 13:34-35)

He set a new standard of love by which all men would judge His followers. Jesus knew that if Gandi walked into a Christian church and saw discord among its members that it would reflect negatively on His reputation. Love and unity between Christians should be the proof that Jesus is real and that His message is revolutionary.

I, too, am so unlike Christ.

3 Comments:

  • good blog......just kidding. I think that Ghandi sure had a point. I am too unlike Christ.

    By Blogger Pamela, at 5:00 PM  

  • I think I misspelled Gandhi though.

    By Blogger Pamela, at 5:01 PM  

  • Hey Paul You've seriously got to visit this starwars sight it is hilarious!!!!!!
    http://www.capnwacky.com/sw/sw01.html

    By Blogger Pamela, at 5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home